Tennis and Pickle Ball Courts
The Club owns and maintains three tennis courts and one pickle ball court, located between George and Coggeshall Streets, south of the softball field. The courts are for the exclusive use of Club members and their guests. Tennis lessons, a children’s tennis team, and various special adult and children’s tennis events and tournaments are available throughout the summer.
Tennis & Pickle Ball Court Rules
Courts are for the exclusive use of Club members and their guests.
- Appropriate tennis wear, including shirts and non-marking tennis shoes, is required. No other footwear including, but not limited to, flip-flops, boots, or leather-soled shoes are allowed on the courts.
- Only tennis and pickle balls are allowed on the courts. Pets, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, basketballs, and soccer balls are not allowed on the courts.
- Gates are kept closed at all times so that animals cannot stray into the court area.
- If people are waiting for courts, play is limited to 1 hour for singles and 1 ½ hours for doubles.
- After 5:00 p.m. and on weekends, players under 18 must relinquish courts to adults if no other courts are available.
- Paid instruction is only provided by Club-authorized TPCC Tennis Pro(s).
- The backboard may not be used if all three courts are in use.
- The court nearest George Street is kept free for adult use on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The rules of common courtesy and tennis etiquette must be followed at all times by both players and spectators while in the court area. Wait until play has stopped to cross a court, and then cross only on the area outside the court lines.
- During peak season (May 15 – September 15), court time must be reserved in advance using the court reservation app.
Please Note: As our Club is run and maintained by volunteers, all members are expected to assist in enforcing the Club rules on the tennis courts and all other areas.
Adult (18 and older) Weekly Events: Scheduled tennis clinics, doubles tennis and other events are listed on the Club calendar, available in print form and on the website.
Youth Tennis Program
Group Tennis Lessons – Group lessons are held on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings. Children are placed in small groups according to age and ability allowing each child to get the most benefit from the program.
TPCC Tennis Team – Juniors interested in competition can participate on the TPCC Tennis Team, which plays matches against other area tennis clubs.
Private Tennis Lessons
2022 Season TPCC Tennis Pro Tim Murphy is available to teach private lessons by appointment: telephone or email.